Vendor Terms and Conditions
The use of The Romsey Makers Online Marketplace at marketplace.romseymakers.com (RMOM) is subject to our Terms and Conditions, which may change from time to time. Please ensure you check our T’s & C’s if you are notified of an update.
Your continued use of RMOM after changes are notified indicates your agreement to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to register for the site or use the services.
- If you register as a business (sole trader or partnership) on RMOM you must guarantee that you personally have the authority of the business and/ or partners to agree to the terms and conditions of use.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
- All sellers must be based in the Romsey Area. Vendors found to be outside of a reasonable distance of Romsey may have their accounts closed without notice.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you are agreeing to set up a continuous monthly payment, which you can cancel at any time.
You must not use RMOM for any illegal or unauthorised purpose and you agree not to use the site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulation.
You must not breach any laws, sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright trademark or other rights of third parties.
You must not harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our staff, customers or vendors.
You are responsible for maintaining that the content you submit is your own and is not owned by others.
You are solely responsible for your behaviour and conduct on RMOM including the use of all content and data including images (graphics and photos), audio and video clips, links and text (such as conversations) that you post to the RMOM website.
You must not circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the user.
You must not produce unwanted communications (spam) to other users of RMOM.
You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
You must not upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the site, or any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism
The Site and Services are provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the Site and/or Services will be at your sole risk except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions. All warranties, terms, conditions and undertakings, express or implied (including by statute, custom or usage, a course of dealing, or common law) in connection with the Site and Services and your use thereof including, without limitation, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site’s content and are not liable for any (1) errors or omissions in content: (2) any unauthorised access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored on our server; (3) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site or services; and/or (4) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party. We will not be responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if such delay or failure is caused by an event beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site/Services; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage
GOODS FOR SALE
If you seek to sell products then all goods sold should be sourced or designed by you.
Sourced items are defined as items that people have used to make their items or have designed their items to have them produced by someone else.
Sourced items are not items bought in bulk and sold on RMOM.
You must not list prohibited items – for a list of such items please refer to prohibited items list. RMOM reserves the right to change this list at any time and without notice.
You warrant that any content does comply with our Acceptable Use Policy, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of this warranty.
We have the right to remove any products/posts you put on the Site if, in our opinion, such content does not comply with the Acceptable Use Policy.
CONTENT & COPYRIGHT
By using RMOM you allow us the right to re-use, edit, modify, re-purpose and re-publish the content. You retain rights over copyright of all such content yet provide a license for RMOM to use this content both on and offline in perpetuity.
You must not post, list or upload fails, inaccurate, misleading or defamatory content (including personal information).
You must not copy, modify, or distribute RMOM’s copyrighted works or trademarks, or other contents from the Site, without our express consent.
You must not use the Romsey Makers Online Marketplace name to create any Social Media groups, websites or any other content without our consent.
SALES & RETURNS
If posting items, you must post them after receipt of payment in the time frame specified in the listing unless you cannot authenticate the buyer’s identity. In this case you must notify RMOM staff by contacting us at email@example.com.
You must be able to form a legally binding contract to be a member of RMOM. This restricts membership to those under 18 years of age unless you have the explicit permission of your parent or guardian who must supervise (and be ultimately responsible for) the account.
DATA & PRIVACY
As a user of this Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to a compile database or directory without written permission from us
- Make any unauthorised use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users to send unsolicited email or creating user accounts under false pretences
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use
- Engage in unauthorised framing of or linking to the Site
- Set up multiple accounts to sell the same goods
We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to
- monitor the Site for breaches of these Terms and Conditions;
- take appropriate legal action against anyone in breach of applicable laws or these Terms and Conditions;
- refuse, restrict access to or availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions;
- remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way a burden to our systems; and
- otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site and Services.
We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access the Site and you should use your own virus protection software.
Modifications to and availability of the Site
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Services without notice at any time.
We cannot guarantee the Site and Services will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site or Services during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site or Services.We are not obliged to maintain and support the Site or Services or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the Services, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice.